Warning: Grammatical Errors May Be Found (I wrote this post when I was drunk. Just kidding I was never drunk. I just suck at spelling and hate proof reading. I love when my readers correct me in the comment section. It makes me a better writer!!!! for realz!)
5 Interesting Things about Mascara
If I had to pick a favorite type of makeup I would say that it is mascara. It is not like I wear mascara daily or even every week. I like a natural face……. but if I was hypothetically stranded on an island and could have one thing from my purse, that would probably be it! Seriously! I have horrible eyelashes but my husband has beautiful eyelashes and so do ALL of my kids. It makes a mom want to fit in, ya know? I am still looking for the “right” kind of mascara for me but in the search for that……. I have learned some interesting, gross, and amazing things about mascara. So let me share……
- 1. The stuff has to come off. Are you too tired after a night out on the town to wash your face or remove your makeup? It has to come off. Evidently, leaving it on can make my eyes go bald. Evidently, when the mascara dries overnight, it can cause your lashes to fall out. Wtheckkkkk????? Yo! The ingredients can create stiff lashes which I might inadvertently itch in my sleep putting myself in danger of scratching my corneas and loosing lashes………Ok, so I can’t be lazy after a wild night clubbing in my 30’s! Got it! I don’t want bald eyes! I want lashes for days. Lesson #1
- 2. You can moisturize your lashes! ……..Just like you can moisturize your face. Before bed, agawhen you are the most tired and all you want is to close your eyes, it is recommended by some to keep an old mascara brush dip it in olive oil and keep your lashes hydrated. Oil in your eyes suck so if you decide to do this, just be careful. Lavender is also suggested by some to be used on a brush and then applied to the eye.
- 3. Apply mascara using a plastic spoon. For real this is not a joke. This is supposed to reduce smudging. You may look ridiculous doing this but according to my teen this isn’t a stretch for me. Applying your mascara in this way can actually help you avoid getting your eyelids to get mascara on them. I wonder if it will help curl my eyelashes too? Does anyone know the answer to this question?
- 4. So, evidently clear mascara has a purpose! Color me dumb! 🙂 Clear mascara coats lashes with clear mascara after an application to give a more polished and finished look. This will helps to seal the deal with your lashes, protect the mascara running, and if I have a mental breakdown and end up in tears it is supposed to make me not look like crazy psycho Taylor Swift.
- 5. Mascara was invented by a man. Ummmmmm not sure what to say here. Does that surprise anyone? Eugéne Rimmel, a French perfumer and cosmetics inventor, created the first mascara in the 1830s. Talk about leaving a legacy. This mans last name, “rimmel”, translates to the word “mascara” in French, Portuguese, Romanian, Turkish, and Arabic.
High Five Dude!!! Even if you are dead that is quite an accomplishment.
Some other things that are gross and not as amazing. Mascara expires every 3 months. Nasty Nasty fungus and bacterial things can happen in them too. If find this amazing read up. Evidently lots of people on the internet have a ton of things to say about gross mascara stuff that is NOT amazing.
What kind of Mascara do y’all use?………. Because, I have an anxiety attack in the makeup isle. There has to be a moderate priced somewhat healthy bacteria free tube of lash friendly mascara out there for me. Is there moisturizing kind? I have so many questions about something so trivial. #firstworldproblems (but seriously if you know of an amazing brand tell me below)