In today’s world of online living there is always a conversation going. Conversations can quickly escalate and emotions can run high. I think, just like in real life, we can chose to be part of the problem or chose to be a solution to the noise. Many people are lonely and many great things can happen by just reaching out and letting people you know love them via the internet. Here are 5 simple ways to make the world a better place online. Be Thoughtful this Thursday and make a difference online.
1. Tweet or Facebook message a genuine compliment to three people right now.
2. Compliment a parent on how well-behaved their child is. Every mom/dad could hear they are doing a good job every once in a while!
3. Don’t write the angry internet comment you’re thinking of writing, Evaluate or even walk away!
4. When everyone around you is complaining about politics or current events about something, be the one to butt in with something nice or when all else fails…..kittens.
5. Challenge: Don’t use your phone for a full 24 hours for social media. Be there for the moments for a full day. Take a break. I love social media but I find deep value in being unplugged.
Next Thursday I will share more Challenges on how you can help someone, even yourself, just by being behind a computer in just a few minutes a day. Be the change you want to see in this world! (Online and Offline)